travel, lifestyle, beauty

Monday 11 August 2014

Empties #1

Used products
Here goes; my first 'empties' post! I've seen various posts like this on the rounds, and I really enjoy rifling through other people's bins (*chuckle*, of course, I meant having a nose at what other people are using). It's great to get a feel for products that have been tested over a period of time. I'm putting it out there now though; I very much doubt I will be writing these posts regularly, as it seems to take me donkey's years to actually 'empty' products. Nowadays, that sense of achievement when I actually finish with a product is that much more punch in the air-esque as I know I'll be able to put it towards a post like this! What a dork. I'm laughing at myself as I'm writing this by the way.
So, here goes, left to right...

Bioderma Sébium H20 (for combination skin)
Pretty sure everyone's heard a lot about this one. I live in France so this micelle solution is available in local pharmacies, which I love, because...well...I love it. I try not to rely on it too much as my only cleanser, since I read on London Beauty Queen that micellar waters should ideally be used in addition to cleansing balm, but this really is my holy grail when it comes to late nights and the odd night or 10 when I'm too tipsy to do much. 

Among it's fab qualities (including the fact it regulates oil), the real great thing with this is that it's so pure, it does not contain ingredients that are well-known for clogging up pores and causing blackheads (or if we're being clever, it's non-comedogenic). Absolute winner.

I really can't recommend it enough, but if you're still unsure about splashing the cash, Escentual offer it in smaller sizes at only £3.59 for 100ml - great if you prefer to try before committing to the full 500ml bottle.

Yay or nay: Yay

Marc Jacobs Lola perfume
This beautiful scent did me well in the smelling-good stakes. I won't say too much in this post, since I reviewred it here, but after this MJ experience, I am so keen to try more of his fragrances.

Yay or nay: Yay

L'oreal Nude Magique CC Cream Anti-Redness
This CC cream claims to work with your natural tone to help neutralise the appearance of redness, dullness or tired looking skin. Now, I hate to put a dampener on this, but I did not get on with this one bit. In fact, I didn't finish the tube (yes, yes, I admit, I cheated adding this to my 'empties' post)! Firstly, it made my skin look orange, odd for a cream that claims to be the perfect nude; secondly, I found it made my skin look quite oily; and thirdly, it pretty much disappeared midway through the days when I wore it. I did persevere with it for a while, stubborn as I am, but it didn't feel long-lasting at all, and I was super disappointed with it. Also, while it's lightweight, it's very runny, so I would often be trying to stop it running off my hand before applying! All in all, I definitely won't be buying this again.

Yay or nay: Nay

L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara
I reviewed this mascara back in April, and I admit I wasn't overly convinced initially, but the more I used it and the more I look back at my post with the before and after pictures, the more I actually like it. What do you think?

Yay or nay: Yayish

Max Factor Mastertouch Concealer
I was pleasantly surprised by this concealer, considering it came as a freebie with a foundation I bought. At £7.99 from Boots, it could be considered quite pricey since you don't actually get much product. Plus, the twist-pump action means that you often pump more out than you actually need to use, which is a bit of a con; however, I was in fact really impressed with the quality of it. It consists of a light-diffusing formula, which covered my under-eye shadows a treat, reflecting the light really nicely. It really reminds me of Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer, which is almost half the price; however, I do much prefer the texture of this Max Factor one as it's very creamy in comparison, making it super easy to apply and blend - something I struggle a little with in the Collection one. Also, this is non-comedogenic - remember what that means? Haha!

Yay or nay: Yay

Have you tried any of these products? How did you find them? What products have you been using recently?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

16 comments

  1. I've been debating getting that CC cream as I've heard mixed reviews on it, I think there's too much hype around it! Quite content with my Garnier BB cream have you tried it before? I also got that concealer free too it's really good! Great post thanks a lot for sharing this :)

    Christina @ http://www.lifeandluxe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) I definitely don't recommend it but love to hear what you think if you do get it! Not tried the Garnier one but always open to hearing about new products; have you reviewed it?

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Bioderma, but I think I use the red Sensibo one. I love that perfume too :) xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I don't think I've come across anyone that's been unhappy with Bioderma; it's such a good all-rounder :)

      Delete
  3. To be honest, I didn't heard of Bioderma before, or maybe I just didn't notice it. Though it does sounds like a lovely product to have :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely recommend trying it if you're looking for a hassle-free, quick cleanser. It makes your face feel so clean after use :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Bioderma micellar water, I use pink (for sensitive skin) or blue (for dyhydrated) but didn't see much difference between the two tbh. ;) I follow it up with Elemis cleansing wash and my skin is in perfect state!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Yeah I've tried the pink one as my sister uses it, and I also didn't notice much difference but I think I'd need to try it for longer to tell! I haven't tried any Elemis products before but will have to check this out :)

      Delete
  5. I was similar with the miss manga - enjoyed it more over time! I want to try a Marc Jacobs perfume soon too :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad someone else agrees about Miss Manga. I don't think I appreciated it until I tried others and looked back on it! :)

      Delete
  6. I also never seem to 'empty' products (not counting show & bath products). The Miss Manga didn't wow me either! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Haha, I'm glad i'm not the only one ...it takes me a while to finish anything!! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh I LOVE love love Lola! It's such a beautiful perfume xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! I love the look of all Marc J perfumes...so pretty!

      Delete
  8. I know exactly how you feel when it comes to liking a mascara over time. I think the formulas often thicken up, making them easier to apply and you get used to the brush. I love Falsies but I tend to leave it open overnight as soon as I buy it to bypass the whole 'way too runny' phase (It's bad I know!)

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting :) Ah I haven't tried the Falsies one..will have to check it out. Have you reviewed it on your blog?

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig