travel, lifestyle, beauty

Monday 31 March 2014

ASOS spring haul

ASOS items

I don't actually shop for myself that often (say whaaat), but I recently snapped up some of these ASOS goodies (the bag, blazer and palette) in a flash 50% off sale so I find it extremely easy to justify a little splurge with such a good offer! There's nothing better than treating yourself when you don't do it too often, though that is on the verge of changing the more I blog - my wishlist is mahoosive right now! Anyone else find this?

I actually had my eye on this blazer weeks ago but resisted the urge to buy, that is until I saw it on Laura at BuyNowBlogLater. I love the fluro binding and thought it was too nice not to have in my life. And at a bargain half price, why the hell not treat myself eh? It's still on ASOS here if you're also feeling the urge, though at the time of writing, you'd have to be a measly size 4 if you want it :-/ I often check back for items I like though in case one's returned in my size

ASOS boucle blazer with fluro binding

If you have read my blog before, you'll probably know I'm big into travelling when I can, so I have a few holiday plans this year, including a cheeky road trip around the west coast of USA for a month in May and Ibiza in August with all my girly friends, so bikinis are in order. I have an hourglass figure so I try to find ones that complement that (those stringy tiny ones just make me look whale-like), so I thought I'd try the crop top and bottoms look. I'm still not sure if I'll keep this yet as I'm not overly feeling the top on me, but including it here anyway because it's priddy...

South Beach long line floral bikini top and bottoms

I have to say these bag pictures don't really show the true colour of this beauty...it's a little lighter than this, so very much suited for spring time. I love the pretty scallop detail, and it's perfect for work. I'd been carrying one of those bags you can't sling over your shoulder, so this makes a nice change from carrying a heavy bag on my arm!

ASOS satchel bag with scallop flap

These shoes are another purchase I can blame on Laura from BuyNowBlogLater for encouraging me to buy...they just looked great and I had to give them a try, as I was looking for something a bit different but not crippling on my feet! These are a good compromise for day/work wear. I love that they're silver too. Not really tried the metallic look before, but it's refreshing!

ASOS silver spring break pointed heels

Cute Stila lip palette - and only £8 at the time I bought it! I plan to write a post with swatches of these colours sometime this week so check back if you like the look of this...or you can follow me on Bloglovin' here (shameless plug!).

Stila vibrant lip palette

I thought this cute maxi dress would be good for my holidays, and I like the pattern and how it comes down like a V around the front. This 'V' detail actually complements my figure quite well and helps to accentuate my waist, regardless of my wider hips! 

ASOS baroque animal print maxi dress

Let's take a moment to appreciate how cute these Sugarhill Boutique shorts are. I love the colour, the print, the flamingo, the pleats...everything. The only thing I didn't enjoy was that the wrong size was sent to me. No biggie though; hope to exchange them, even though they don't really do my figure any big favours...just too cute!

Sugarhill Boutique mint flamingo shorts

So what do you think of these bits and bobs? Do you have any ASOS bits on your wishlist at the mo?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

14 comments

  1. I love everything you bought! The blazer and the bag are my faves! I have so many things from asos on my wish list! Great post lovely! xx

    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh tell me about it with ASOS...so many lovely things on there and some bargains too. Can never resist! x

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with the dress, shoes and bikini! They're absolutely gorgeous, great haul!

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that maxi dress!! It will be perfect for floating around in when I'm on honeymoon!!
    Lots of love,
    Angie
    SilverSpoon London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie..yes I'm going to the US in May so I can't wait to wear it then in the sun! xx

      Delete
  4. I really liked your shopping, and just felt in love with the bikini and bag, they are too cute! *-*

    Love, Cami
    xx - LeMondeDeCami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Cami. I'm loving those bits too...wearing the bag so much at the moment..love the colour! xx

      Delete
  5. There's nothing like a big ASOS delivery! I love the bikini, its gorgeous!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it :) Thanks..still undecided about the bikini on me, but I just love to look at it atm lol. xx

      Delete
  6. I love the blazer, it's so cute!

    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia...yep me too...love the bright orange lining...makes it a bit different! xx

      Delete
  7. A lot of girls on youtube talk about Asos and I've never really given them a chance. I love that bag though. I have one similar but its a bit slimmer..not as bulky. Its a great color for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...yeah I am wearing the bag so much at the mo. I definitely recommend ASOS...free delivery and returns worldwide is such a great deal!!

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig