travel, lifestyle, beauty

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Stila Portrait of a Perfect Pout Vibrant Lip

Stila Portrait of a Perfect Pout Vibrant Lip palette

A short and sweet post from me today, as the pictures explain it all really. I recently bought this cute palette for a bargain £8 as part of my ASOS haul, so I thought it would be nice to show some swatches of it. The quote alone is enough to draw me in...(love a good quote me!)

Stila Portrait of a Perfect Pout Vibrant Lip palette


I read somewhere that one of the best places to test lipstick or gloss is on the fingers as this is apparently most similar in shade to your lips, so there we go...

These first two shades below are the more reserved of the bunch, though the first is slightly on the shimmery '13-year-old-me' side. However, I do think it would look nice as a subtle highlighter for the center of the lips.

Stila Portrait of a Perfect Pout Vibrant Lip palette
hey baby / pink flamingo
I was slightly wary of the 'rosy posy' shade below, but it's not nearly as garish as it looks. I've always been pretty hesitant to experiment with lip colour, but I'm seeing  a lot of this purple colour for lips at the moment (very Mac Heavenly Hybrid), and it actually looks really nice.
Stila Portrait of a Perfect Pout Vibrant Lip palette
rosy posy / sangria

I love the coral-ish shade of the 'siren' gloss below, and I think it'll make a great pop of colour to go with simple cat-flick liner eyes and heaps of mascara! I expected this last gloss 'merlot' to be much darker than it is, but it's actually quite similar to 'sangria' above. Slight disappointment but still a nice shade so nothing to wail about in my opinion.
Stila Portrait of a Perfect Pout Vibrant Lip palette
siren / merlot
What do you think of this palette? Can you recommend any other Stila products for me to try?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

14 comments

  1. Ooo the packaging for this is gorgeous! Pink Flamingo and Sangria look particularly nice, trying to get into more sheer lip colour for summer so I might give these a go if they're still on sale :)

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah go for it. I'm not sure this is still on sale anymore but it is really a lovely little handbag palette, perfect for topping up on the go! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh this looks like a very handy palette to have - also love your nail colour!!

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie...the nail varnish is from Topshop :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you...they really are lovely even if they are similar!

      Delete
  4. Oh I LOVE Stila's products... have you tried their Color Convertible Cream Blush and Lip products yet? They're gorgeous xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh no I haven't but I'm intrigued now..thansk for the recommendations! :) xx

      Delete
  5. This looks great for travel and on the go- and I love stila palettes. They always put such a nice quote in the top, it's really spiritual! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love that too...lovely touch! And it helps that the glosses are lovely too hehe :)

      Delete
  6. You're blog is fabulous! Do you mind checking my blog out?
    http://kellystravelsaroundtheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks for your lovely comment. Sure, will check your blog out now :)

      Delete
  7. I'm not into nail polish but those colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany...I guess you were referring to the glosses ;)

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig