travel, lifestyle, beauty

Friday 4 April 2014

Date night à La Diligence, Saint Louis


My boyfriend works away back in the UK from Monday to Thursdays/Fridays every week, so we really like to make the most of our weekends together now, and we definitely don't take one another for granted as much as we might have used to. We live in France, just across the Swiss border in a little place called Huningue, which is right beside Saint Louis, where we often eat.

We do occasionally eat out in Basel (Switzerland), but it is a very expensive place to live; and while the Swiss salary is accommodating, the sensible (or stingy!) me still finds it hard to justify spending a small fortune on an otherwise ordinary meal when you're used to UK prices...so living in France is a great compromise and much more bearable price-wise. This is one of the reasons we enjoy frequenting our local restaurants, as we've found some proper diamonds that deliver for a fraction of the price we'd pay in the land of Switzer!

Source

So, off to La Diligence we went. I wore my new H&M top, which I bought in a mini haul recently. It's casual but smart, perfect for the laidback atmosphere of our evening. I paired it with my H&M black jeans and new metallic silver ASOS shoes, also the result of a recent haul (eeek)!




I went for the set menu (a bargain at €36), with a goats cheese salad to start, which was served on toast for an added crunch - delish!


Next was a gorgeous roasted duck breast with honey and lime sauce, with a hint of gingerbread spice (which really made it for me), served with vegetables and potato gratin (SO good!).


And for dessert, a gorgeous creamy, smooth creme brulee...there's something so good about tapping the crunchy top of a brulee with your spoon (just me?)...


We finished off the night snuggling on the sofa catching up on The Walking Dead. Perfect!

What's your idea of a perfect date night?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!

Share:

14 comments

  1. Awwh it's so cute you spending more time with your boyfriend- you suit eachother! Your outfit is so cute also! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I really love date night, we try and do it as often as we can! The restaurant looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was...and yep...date nights are the way forward in life ;)

      Delete
  3. Aaah date night, marvellous! And you look beautiful :o)
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, those shoes are so cute! Your food looked delicious. My boyf and I love nothing more than snuggling up during an episode of The Walking Dead. ♥

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...they're a recent purchase so I'm wearing them when I can at the mo <3 You have great TV taste btw lol. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  5. I agree, it is really fun to get a little glimpse into peoples lives! And btw that food looks AMAZING! I think my ideal date night is actually a bottle of wine, a good recipe and a good movie in!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you enjoyed the post. I think i'll deffo do some more lifestyle ones as I enjoyed writing this one and seemed to have had some nice feedback :) Thanks for commenting...your ideal date night is also one of my fave ways to spend an evening!

      frontière girl

      Delete
  6. This place looks awesome! I’m a huge fan of duck and that dish is totally what I’d order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike ;) It really was lovely!

      Delete
  7. Loved the t-shirt! :)

    Love, Cami
    xx - LeMondeDeCami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cami...I'm into my dots at the mo :)

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig