travel, lifestyle, beauty

Monday 7 April 2014

BRIGHT Outfit of the Day!


I haven't done many of these OOTD posts since I'm not actually that fashionable, but it's nice to do something different and give things a go, so here we are!

I'm determined to make the most of the sun this summer and really get out of my comfort zone (a little bit!) clotheswise; I don't usually wear such bold colours, nor do I get my legs out that often, but that's all going to change I tell ya. The sun and I will become acquainted this year whether he (or she?) likes it or not.


I bought this top from Zara for a measly £9.99 in the January sales; chuffed was an understatement, because I love it. A big, bright, crazy Cath Kidson-esque flower print contrasted with a white-based floral sleeve print, and then further contrasted (wow) with a casual marl grey back - just bladdy splendid! It's quite short in length though, so it doesn't do wonders for my little muffin top, but it's ideal for tucking into skirts.

As if by some Blue Peter-like magic, here's a pic of me with the top tucked in from earlier ;)



I also tried untucking the top, which worked surprisingly nicely, maybe even nicer than tucking in?




The skirt is a H&M purchase from last summer, so hopefully they'll have some more bright ones in this season. It's got a lovely textured pattern on it, which you can just about see in these pictures above. I paired the outfit with some New Look wedges, though I'm not entirely sure they go very well?!

What do you think of this outfit? How would you style this top? I'd love to hear ideas!

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

16 comments

  1. Love this! You can't fault Zara for clothes. Lovely pictures too x

    creamteaandrosejam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...yep i'm loving Zara at the mo...never fail to find something I love in there :)

      Delete
  2. this skirt is so so lovely! i love the bright colour! it really suits you! i'd love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/you-can-follow-me-on-instagram-starting.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you..i'm loving brights at the moment. Great way to make an outfit pop! :)

      Delete
  3. i really like this outfit, it's such a fun and happy outfit - definitely brightens a boring rainy day :) And you look gorgeous :) x
    | Life as a Petite |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks so much for your lovely comment. I've had some good feedback on this outfit so far, so I'll definitely be wearing it more :)

      Delete
  4. wow you look amazing! sweet but casual, i love it and seriously need a top like that! i'm sure it could be styled in so many ways! xxx

    floriebunda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely a feminine look... just need the sun to make more of an appearance now so I can wear the outfit more often :)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous outfit - the skirt is so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...can't wait to wear it a bit more often. Am just willing the sun to come out more now :)

      Delete
  6. I am loving that bright colored skirt! I used to be into floral prints back in high school and then I got over it. Now I'm finding myself more inclined to them. Love that top. I really think it's a good pairing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendwy...everyone seems to like the skirt, which is nice :) I was the same with florals but they're growing on me now spring is here!

      Delete
  7. Hi Danielle, this is my first time posting here, but I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE the design of your blog header. I've been on the hunt for something yellow to add to my wardrobe for spring, but it's difficult for me because some yellows really wash out my skin. The color of your skirt is a perfect shade for you though!

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks for your lovely comment. I have days where i'm not sure the blog header suits my blog, but it's nice to hear from someone who likes it! And thanks for the comment about the skirt; looking forward to the sun making more of an appearance so I can make the most of it! :)

      Delete
  8. That skirt is absolutely gorgeous - I always worry yellow washes me out, but it looks amazing on you.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. Yeah I think i'd feel more confident wearing it with a tan; good excuse for me to enjoy lots of holidays I think lol.

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig