travel, lifestyle, beauty

Monday 17 March 2014

Roll up, roll up. . .read all about big, bouncy curls!

Welcome to my how-to for luscious, bouncy, wavy, curly hair! I'll be honest; I'm no pro at hair, but this is just too easy to do so I thought it would be a good hair post to start with (hair-post virgin here).


So, I achieved this look using my Babyliss thermo-ceramic heated rollers. I heart using these as they're so easy and quick to put in my hair, and they're also a lovely, errr, head warmer...definitely a pro right there. 

I have to say, with longer hair, I find using rollers often quicker and easier than using my straighteners to curl; I also find it more difficult to achieve the big volume and full curl with straighteners.


The set comes with 20 rollers in three sizes (small, medium, large) along with 20 metal pins and also 10 clips for extra hold. It's super fast at heating up, and there's a light-ready indicator confirming when you're good to go! The rollers feature black velvety-type material, which helps to grip your hair and keep it in place on the roller, but the ends stay heat-free making it a burn-free experience...big bonus. The other nice thing about these rollers is that you can alter the temperature depending on your hair type, so it's a thoughtful little set with you in mind.


While I've used these a fair few times now, I do still need a bit more practice as I think I need to use them higher up on my head to achieve more of a root boost. As you can see below, I haven't quite managed it this time, but the result is still pretty voluminous.

Apologies for this horrendous description (who knew describing the process was this tricky?), but I started by taking sections from the front top part of my head (working along and around the head, before starting on the next section underneath). Holding the roller at the end of my hair, I then rolled (surprise!) my hair around the roller until it met my head, securing it in place with a pin!




Ideally, you need to leave them in your hair for a good 20 minutes to ensure maximum effect. I think it helps to put them in at the very start of your get-ready process so they can do their thing while you're doing yours; by the time you've finished applying make-up, had a cuppa tea and a crumpet (with marmite of course), you're ready to take them out!


This picture below shows my hair fresh out of the rollers, before I did anything with it...no spray, no finger-running in hair, no lip gloss, no pretty top...


Then, of course, stick a pretty top on, gloss your lips, run your fingers through your hair, and add a bit of hairspray (I like to start with my head upside-down and spray the under-side to add a bit of oomph, before a light spray all over once set). And, as if by magic (à la "tonight Matthew I'm going to be..."), voilà - a head of curls the TOWIE cast would be proud of...








You can pick heated rollers up almost anywhere, but this set can be found on Amazon here; I can't seem to find the velvet-type ones that I have on Babyliss's site anymore but a similar set on their site is here.

Do you use rollers? What do you think of them?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

30 comments

  1. aww super sweet curls they are perfect! I actually never used rollers to curl my hair but I might try that when I have time! Cool hair tutorial there :)

    Check out my new outfit post and share your thoughts! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I definitely recommend rollers for lots of volume! :)

      Delete
  2. I used curlers once and it didn't turn out anywhere near as good as your lovely locks!
    Hair looks really great.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you...I think I was having a good day with them :) They are super easy to use though so don't give up yet :)

      Delete
  3. I like the look of these! I like how my hair looks curled but it takes so long to do it with a curling iron, and I have the regular velcro rollers as well but they always destroy my hair as it just gets tangled in it no matter how careful I am!

    Nicola // pink-confetti.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah i've tried velcro rollers once before but I found them so difficult to use and manage! I was converted as soon as i tried these...they don't tangle at all! :) Let me know if you ever try heated ones; would love to hear other people's experiences! x

      Delete
  4. I've never used them before but your hair looks amazing! Beautiful.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your lovely comment Tara. I definitely recommend heated rollers...so easy to use :)

      Delete
  5. These curls are perfect, love it!

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award.
    You can check out my post for all the info about it if you like! :) x

    http://teaandbluebells.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...i'm so grateful; it's so nice to be recognised! I have actually already been nominated before but I will try and merge this with my other nominations and write a post in response when i get a chance. Thanks again :)

      Delete
  6. I don't use it, but I will give a try someday! The curls are beautiful! :)

    Love, Cami
    xx - LeMondeDeCami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, go for it. Let me know if you do! :)

      Delete
  7. Nice and voluminous curls, think I need some of these! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your adorable..love the curls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delayed reply, but thanks for your lovely comment :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Sorry for the delayed reply, but thank you! :)

      Delete
  10. Wow this looks fab, my hair isn't quite as long, wonder would it work just as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Ooh yes, I think it would look really nice on shorter hair and would probably give it more volume than mine here. Go for it :)

      Delete
  11. Your hair looks gorgeous!

    creamteaandrosejam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma...appreciate the lovely comment :)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, and thanks for stopping by :) Danielle x

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig