travel, lifestyle, beauty

Monday 3 March 2014

OPI San Francisco Mini Nail Polish Set



Having never tried OPI before, I was grateful to receive this cute set for Christmas to try out. I can be fussy when it comes to the colours I wear, so I love the idea of minis as it gives you a chance to experiment before committing to shelling out for a full sizer. These shades are also available individually too, which is great if you fall in love with one over the other.

This set didn't disappoint me; I think the colours are really sophisticated and - while a little less appropriate for spring - they're great for the evenings if you want to add some sophistication to your look.

First Date at the Golden Gate
There's not a lot I can say about this shade, apart from the fact it just oozes gorgeous. Jazzing up almost any outfit, casual or smart, the pop of classic red just works a treat at catching people's eyes (even I'm like oh hiiii nails). Lady in red, eat your heart out.


First Date at the Golden Gate










Peace & Love & OPI
I was most nervous about this shade (and the other darker one, which will feature in my next post), as I think there's a thin line with dark colours where they can either make your nails look great or really awful, especially if you aren't careful with applying. Some dark colours can also be a bit over-powering and too gothic for me personally, but this deep silver-based shade is metallic and tinged with green and a pinky-purple adding some femininity, so I think OPI have got the balance perfectly here. I think it looks great when the light catches it.

Peace & Love & OPI





I found applying two coats was best at getting a full colour. One coat could work if you don't want too deep a colour, but be careful as I found it looked a little streaky on its own. These varnishes were really smooth and silky, covering the nail really well on application. I can safely say that I'd buy more OPI after trying these!

Do you like these colours? How do you find OPI? And have you tried any stand-out shades? I'm looking for recommendations!

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig