travel, lifestyle, beauty

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Mini March haul

My boyfriend and I visited Freiburg over the border in Germany at the weekend (more on that another time), and I couldn't resist popping in to a couple of shops we wandered past, so I thought I'd share a couple of the bits and bobs I bought...


This cute powder-blue top from H&M is basically a vest top with a gorgeous, feminine lace detail across the top half. It was available in a dusky pink and black colour but I loved this as it's perfect for spring, and I'm making a conscious effort to wear a bit more colour now the sun is starting to show its beautiful face. You can see more pictures of it on the H&M site here, but it only seems to be available in black or white so you might have better luck in the store if you like the look of it!


The little sleeveless spotty number was my favourite purchase (also H&M), simply because it's flirty, feminine and who doesn't love a pretty little polka dot? Don't get me started on the pearly buttons <3

It's chiffon in style on the front half, and a cotton material on the back half. I can't seem to find it on the site, but there's a similar-ish one here, minus the pearly buttons, with sleeves and a little more cropped (so, errr, not quite as similar).


Onto the accessories, and it was actually my boyfriend who pointed out this shop 'Six' to me as he thought it looked like an Accessorize (only it's much cheaper...eeep!); yup, he's a keeper...though I think he regretted it when I dragged him in for a lengthy browse. 

I picked up this gorgeous costume ring for only €4.95; I love the lilac stone and it's reminiscent of those 90s mood rings that used to change colour (yup, I had one...too damn cool!). I picked up the two headbands (also €4.95) mainly because I am having a bit of a love affair with pastels at the moment and less because I can pull off a headband... 


Lastly, I threw these candles into the mix because I wanted to share them but wasn't sure they were deserving of their own post (especially since I've not had a chance to try them out yet), and they helped to prettify my 'haul' picture - so there we go. I'm trying to make a bit more of an effort with our apartment, and that includes filling it with candles that evoke that 'running in a field full of daisies' type feeling, so I asked my boyfriend to pick these up from Asda while in the UK. These spring samplers are a really nice way to test out different flavours so I'm chuffed with this little set for only £5.


What do you think of my new buys? Can you recommend any particular Yankee candle scent I can try next?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig