travel, lifestyle, beauty

Monday 12 January 2015

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo and Foaming Gel

La Roche-Posay

One of my top 2014 discoveries has to be this La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo set, which came with a free 50 ml cleanser. I know I'm a tad late to the LRP party, but I'm here now in full-on rave mode, so that still counts right?

I'm always on the lookout for clear, particle-free cleansers that I can use easily with my Foreo Luna Mini (hope to blog this at some point!), as it contains mini silicone bristles, so I particularly love the Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel, which was bunged in free with my purchase. It's foamy and made for oil-prone (and sensitive) skin so it's my perfect cup of tea when it comes to cleansers. And the fact it's soap-, alcohol-, colourant- and paraben-free reassures me of its purity! Yes, it sounds like it may as well be water, but I've loved using it and it's left my skin feeling fresh, clean and generally lovely, so I'm sticking to my guns.

Onto the one that everyone raves about! The Effaclar Duo gel-cream reminds me a little bit of Boots Protect and Perfect Serum in consistency; however, this used to leave me feeling a little greasy so I was pleasantly surprised to find the Effaclar cream was the complete opposite. It glides on smoothly and a little tends to go relatively far, but it also more importantly absorbs super quick with no oily finish in sight. It's said to fight against marks and imperfections, and while I can't truly comment on how effective it is in terms of reducing red/brown marks, it's certainly kept any blemishes at bay and I'm enjoying using it. In fact, I've nearly finished the tube, and I'm spying the Effaclar Mat moisturiser to try next, which is tempting me on sale at the moment on Feel Unique. Has anyone tried it?

What's your favourite 2014 discovery? Have you tried this Effaclar range or any other La Roche-Posay products?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

12 comments

  1. I love LRP skincare - recently I've been testing the 3 step regime set of products they've just introduced and I'm getting on with it well so far. I think Effaclar Duo is fab too!
    Rebecca | The Two Twenty Somethings
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really...let me know if you review it as would love to hear more about it from someone who's tested it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the cleanser and I love the Effaclar Mat for my everyday moisturiser in the summer but I found it's not quite thick enough for the colder months
    : ]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, that's good to know as I do actually find my skin dries out more in winter anyway but might think about buying for when it gets warmer!

      Delete
  3. When I saw this in my feed I thought SNAP! I love La Roche-Posay. I love the brand, they're so simple but so effective on my problem skin.

    cmalia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't tried these but they sounds amazing! I'll have to look into them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely worth looking into if you're looking for a new skincare regime!

      Delete
  5. Amazing post, dear! Have a great weekend:)

    theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot..hope you found it helpful :)

      Delete
  6. I've been using Effaclar Duo + since the summer (I only use it sparingly in the areas that need a bit of help) and I love it. It's really helped keep spots at bay x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really...I didn't even think about using it only on problem areas...it's worked well as an all-over moisturiser for me but it would certainly last a bit longer! :)

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig