travel, lifestyle, beauty

Monday 26 January 2015

Lush Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub

 Lush

Just a few dedicated words to this gorgeous Lush shower scrub. For any 90s kids reading, let me tell you, Eiffel 65 would be Da Ba Deeing all day with this bad boy. Rub Rub Rub is the bluest thing I've ever come across in terms of toiletries or any skincare product for that matter! I'd tried this on my hand in store before and loved the way it softened my skin afterwards so, while I resisted at the time, I eventually went back and bought it.

So what is it? It's billed as an exfoliating shower scrub that can be used on your skin as well as for your hair to add shine and volume. I haven't felt wild enough to test it on my hair as yet but I love using it in the shower as it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. It's full of sea salt and lemon juice, though surprisingly I don't smell the latter. In fact, it's a really difficult scent to describe; a full list of ingredients is here but to me, it's soapy smelling (how do you describe a soapy smell lol?!); it's a smell I don't particularly find appealing (surprising for Lush products) but it's also not a bad smell either. Where's that fence 'coz I'm a sittin on it - soz!

As much as I like the way it makes my skin feel, I don't think it feels particularly exfoliating when applied in the shower. It lathers up a treat, which I love because a  little goes a very long way, but it doesn't have the 'grit' I would expect for a salt-based scrub. That said, it's also for use on dry skin so I expect it's much more exfoliating this way, and I'm really keen to try it even if it could be a bit 'messy' with the runny consistency of the scrub. Anyone else tried it on dry skin?

Have you tried Rub Rub Rub? What's your ultimate Lush product?

Lush

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

28 comments

  1. I was going to buy this body scrub, but then I found an amazing scrub and a lot cheaper too, and since then I don't feel the need to try any other scrub. I will write a post about it this week if you wish to check it out :)

    Anja's Beauty World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really? I'd love to hear more...is it the Afrodita one you've recently blogged?

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this one but I have tried their Ocean Salt Scrub! It definitely looks like a more gritty, coarser texture than this one if that's what you're looking for but depending on skin type it can be a little harsh (even though its supposedly okay for your face too)! I really love the smell of it though - but that's because I love anything sea salt!

    Laura | laurakathren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes I wanted to try the Ocean Salt one actually, but it was sold out at the time so I ended up going for this one...will definitely be checking it out next time I'm in. Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Ha I am loving your Eiffel 65 reference! I've not tried this, but I'm not really a fan of super soapy scents! I'll have a look in store, but I'm not sure if I'll come away with it seeing as I prefer the sweeter smells :)

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get where you're coming from with that! I'm usually the same, but I've been converted with this one :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried this or any body products from Lush apart from bath treats. Looks great but I do think I would prefer to use it on dry skin for a grittier scrub. Interesting that you can use it on hair for volume, I'd love to see how that works out. Shame about the scent though as Lush has so many amazing scents x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alina...yep must admit i'm still yet to use it on dry skin or my hair but deffo going to so I'll report back :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's a lovely product...highly recommend giving it a try in store so you can see how soft it leaves your skin :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried this yet, my favourite scrub is a vitamin e one from Superdrug. I use it dry too and it's much more exfoliating :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really...I don't get to Superdrug since I'm abroad but I'm keen to try this one on dry skin so see how much more effective it is. Will report back or likely tweet about it when I do :)

      Delete
  7. I've seen LUSH cosmetics every where but have yet to try any of their products. I will definitely be picking this scrub up soon to try it out. Thanks! xo

    katie a. // http://bluepoppyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually a bit of a newbie to Lush myself but I definitely recommend trying this in store so you can see how nice it is...let me know if you do! :)

      Delete
  8. I have this! I agree, when I use it in the shower it kind of dissolves the grit too quickly. I usually dry scrub before I put the shower on and it works a treat! Smells yum too x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really...glad to hear from someone who's used it on dry skin...thanks! :)

      Delete
  9. I tried this out in Lush and liked it but wasn't too keen on the smell either and that put me off! I never knew it could be used on your hair, I don't think I'd be brave enough to do that!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I wouldn't say the smell has put me off as I really like the effects after use, but I'm still yet to try it on my hair. Will report back when I get round to it :)

      Delete
  10. I love Lush; but haven't seen this before. Will need to go in and hunt it out x
    Laura | A Life With Frills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes i definitely recommend you do...it's worth a skin test for sure if you're looking to pamper your skin a little! :)

      Delete
  11. I used to use this and I absolutely love it. Just looking at those photos are bringing back the smell! X

    Fislittleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah glad I brought back good memories for you! I already have another pot in my cupboard ready for when this one runs out :)

      Delete
  12. OMG! This sounds amazing! Love a good scrub! Defo need to go to lush more, I feel I am missing out!

    Anna xxx

    http://madeupstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes you should :) I'm a pretty recent convert tbh but now I love a good Lush treat on occasion :)

      Delete
  13. You're so right! I'm definitely getting a 90's throwback right now lol! This looks so good! Try saying it out loud and really fast - Ends up a big mess haha

    Holly xx
    www.hollysbeautybox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks lovely! Such a gorgeous shade of blue :) I haven't thought about the Blue song in years an now I can't get ot out of my head! xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! Haha yeah I sing it in my head every time I use it. Not sure I'll ever forgive Lush for that lol.

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig