travel, lifestyle, beauty

Monday 9 February 2015

butter LONDON Gilded Gears Nail Lacquer Set

Are anyone else's January/February posts a bit of a homage to the cracking fella that is Santa and his good old gifts? Well, this is one of mine, and I wanted to share it because butter LONDON is a brand I'd not really heard of until later last year when my sister got into them, and I'm liking the look of them!

The brand is a decade old and most probably well known for their nail 'lacquers' (prefer 'varnish' myself but hey ho). "We believe in Rock & Roll. Great Britain. And Fashion". Apart from their fabulously patriotic slogan (and clear aversion to commas), the unique selling point of butter is that their shades are inspired by the styles featured in New York and London fashion shows, so it's interesting to see their interpretation in this respect! With this in mind, the Gilded Gears set is inspired by Steampunk style, which is synonymous with the Victorian era and the industrialisation of it apparently. If you want to read a bit more about it, this is a pretty interesting article here. I'd never heard of this style until now, but every day's a school day eh!

I love the colours in this set; such a gorgeous range and not too 'samey'. I'm especially looking forward to trying the glittery golden one and the deep red matte-satin one, the latter of which is a set exclusive (along with the grey metallic one).

Stocked in places like Fortnum & Mason, Selfridges and Harvey Nicks, with a bit of a price tag (£12 for a full sizer), I get the impression butter is more of a high-end brand; just look at that stylish rectangular packaging. Even the bloomin' lack of capitalization adds to the sophisticated feel. It reminds me of Victoria Beckham branding for some reason.

The Gilded Gears set doesn't seem to be available on the butter site anymore, but I've spied it on Look Fantastic for £24, so it's worth investing if you want to try them out. I plan on blogging individual swatches of each of the shades applied once I've worn them, so check back if you want to see how I get on with them.

Have you tried butter LONDON polishes before? How do you rate them?

butter LONDON Gilded Gears

butter LONDON

butter LONDON

butter LONDON

butter LONDON

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

6 comments

  1. Wow those colours are super pretty :)

    www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours are so gorgeous! I really love the dark purple colour :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the middle one more for some reason, i would love to see what they look like on x

    leannewinters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also going strong with my posts mainly based around my Christmas gift haha. I love this set and the fact that it has such a nice variety like you said. The deep red one is also my favourite. Never tried Butter nail polishes but I presume they will be good considering their price x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rose pink one!! super pretty

    Hope you can follow me back :)
    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig