travel, lifestyle, beauty

Friday 20 June 2014

Life lately #1

Life lately

Clockwise (L-R):

1. We went to a wedding recently; our first one here in Switzerland, so we had to take a good old selfie in the sunshine!

2. This is one of my US purchases - the Southwest Stripe dress from Aeropostale; a cute patterned mini dress - perfect for summer. This was just before we had a barbeque, hence the happiness here!

3. After my US holiday and the excessive amounts of lard I consumed, I'm trying to eat healthier and get my body prepped for my next holiday to Ibiza with the girls in August. This is a feta and sun-dried tomato green salad with chopped-up pork minute steak! Not your usual, but a bit of a taste sensation!

4. It's a fishtail plait. Whoop! My hair is long enough and, though they're old news now, I'm still excited enough about being able to do them that I had to take the proud-hair selfie! Oh yeah. Too cool.

5. I'm loving Rita Ora's range for Rimmel at the moment, especially the pastelly (new word?) ones. This one is Lose Your Lingerie. So simple and pretty.

6. So this totes contradicts my earlier statement (3rd picture). I can't really justify it, but just.look.at.it. A home-made pavlova, made by my beautiful sister. Soooo gooooood.

Life lately

Clockwise (L-R):

1. I bought some cute Alice bands recently in both this pastel pink shade and a cream one; this selfie is basically me trying to judge how I feel about wearing one. Yay or nay?

2. Now that the sun is out in Switzerland, I'm getting the chance to wear lots of nice, bright summery clothes, so I take great pleasure in taking bottom-half selfies. Clearly. This dress is a cute mini that I've recycled; I found it in River Island a couple of years back for a measly £5 or something. I heart a bargain...

3. We make an effort to try get out and experience Switzerland and the surrounding area as much as we can in our free time. I'm all about making the most of an opportunity, and living here is exactly that in my eyes. Last weekend, my boyfriend and I wanted to get out and about so we opted for a cheeky visit to Thun, a little city in the Bernese Oberland beside Lake Thun. 'Twas pretty and picturesque as you can see!

4. Last Friday was the 13th. No real biggie for most of us, bar the superstitious. Anyhoo, it was also a full moon. So my fact of the day and whole point of this pic is that it won't be happening again until at least August 2049. That's a whole 35 years away. So, errr, I found that fascinating enough to snap it. I find facts like that amazing as it makes me wonder where I'll be and what I'll be doing and what life will be like!

5. Balcony view of the sunset last weekend. 'Nuff said!

6. A perfect pre-World Cup England match meal last Saturday evening. Steak, home-made wedges (sweet potato ones this time) and a juicy salad is one of my absolute favourite meals. Even better with a glass of vino to wash it down!

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

4 comments

  1. Lovely post!xx
    Your blog is really amazing!
    Would you like to visit mine,and follow if you want?
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Love,Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment. Hope you enjoy reading :) I just checked your blog out..it's really pretty and I love your DIY hand jewellery post! Danielle x

      Delete
  2. ooh love that rimmel polish!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...it's gorgeous isn't it...since bought a couple more of the Rita Ora ones...they're just too priddy!! Danielle x

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig