travel, lifestyle, beauty

Monday 30 June 2014

Mac Flamingo (Lustre) Lipstick

Mac Flamingo Lipstick

This little beauty is another cheeky buy from my trip to the US. I'm not usually a particularly confident bright lipstick buyer, but when I saw this, it inspired me to step outside my neutral-shaded comfort zone. I thought it looked perfect for summer and not too full-on for a day in the office. 

Part of the 'We're back' collection - a selection of the most popular limited edition shades - Mac's Flamingo (Lustre) is described as a 'light milky bright coral', and that's exactly what it is really, albeit a little less bright than I initially thought/hoped. But, I do like it, and the colour does intensify the more I apply, so I'm happy!



Now that I'm all experienced in this brighter-lipstick-buying malarky, I've decided I'm going to be more brave and slap on the shades I've bought on a whim in the past, as well as purchase the odd new one every now and again. Life's too short to go neutral all the time right? Watch this space for more lippy posts...

Now where's that Mac Morange I bought last summer?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

12 comments

  1. Such a beautiful coral colour! I got get my self one of these :)

    Kisses, Kali
    | Kali's inspiration board |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm loving it at the mo. Such a pretty summer shade :)

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful colour and I love your photos hun

    Emma | DollfaceBlogs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks so much, lovely to hear! I'm stuck with my iPhone for the moment but hope to invest in a better camera at some point and try to improve a little! :)

      Delete
  3. I love this shade, I actually bought it for a friend yesterday!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky friend :) It's such a pretty colour, especially for this time of year!

      Delete
  4. That is a lovely colour and you should be bold-we only live once. Wish to check out my blog.
    Leja

    justabriefmoment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you agree! Just checked your blog out and commented on your latest post; I love reading travel-related posts so it was nice to see that mixed with fashion :)

      Delete
  5. omg sooo pretty. I must have it! You are a bad influence...but in a good way ;)
    Meghan
    Today's Beauty Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it...you won't regret it. Such a pretty shade :)

      Delete
  6. I'm trying to step out of my nude lipstick comfort zone too and wear the brighter colours!! Chatterbox has been my latest fave. That flamingo looks so pretty. Adele acesparklestar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm desperate to get my hands on this lipstick - really need to step away from the Mac nudes/pinks and start wearing the brighter colours I own. May have to add this to my basket next time I'm on the mac site xx

    Who is She

    ReplyDelete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig