travel, lifestyle, beauty

Thursday 3 July 2014

Makeup Revolution Baked Eyeshadows: Beyond Eden

Makeup Revlolution Beyond Eden eyeshadow

I know I'm one of many, many excited ladies succumbing to the hype that is Makeup Revolution, but I simply cannot resist a bargain, and a good-quality one is the way forward in life, so I thought I'd see what all the fuss is about and order some bits and bobs to try out. Could a £2.50 set of baked eyeshadows really actually be any good?

The main advantage of baked make-up products like this is the more intense and longer lasting pigmentation. Another supposed benefit is the ability to use a wet brush for a bolder look, something I appreciate since I like a darker look for nights out.

Now, onto this little beauty. First off, while the plastic transparent packaging isn't top notch, I do love the oval design of the shadows and way they protrude upwards; there's something about it that just looks GOOD and worth much more than the 250 pennies I parted with! I know looks aren't everything, but let's not lie: when a product looks appealing and more expensive than it is, it's a winner. Of course, just like all things in life, it has to actually deliver the goods to make me feel like I'm Charlie Sheen 'winning'.

Makeup Revlolution Beyond Eden eyeshadow

Here are the swatches below, clockwise from top left. They are really quite pigmented and genuinely lovely shades, easy to apply, which impressed me considering the price. They're shimmery heaven, and the colours really complement each other. The range is pretty versatile, allowing for nice day and night looks, so I'm looking forward in trying out some different looks.

Please excuse the nice chunky vein running through the deep green shade...not the coolest look but hey ho.

Makeup Revlolution Beyond Eden swatches

What do you think of these shadows and Makeup Revolution products in general? Do you have any recommendations? 

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

10 comments

  1. These look amazing, i just wish i was brave enough to wear eyeshadow.

    Keli | kelskurls.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keli. Ah, you should give it a whirl. Eyeshadow is so much fun to experiment with, especially at prices like this :)

      Delete
  2. These look lovely! I haven't used any baked shadows before so I think these might be a good one to start out with x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely. I'm also a 'baked' virgin, and these are cheap enough to give you the opportunity to try them without breaking the bank balance! :)

      Delete
  3. The packaging really doesn't appeal to me but I may have to try anyway as everyone seems to be loving them
    xx
    http://dreamsof-newyork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can totally see where you're coming from, but I have to admit the quality of these shadows seems to outweigh the lacklustre packaging :)

      Delete
  4. I completely recommend the new blush palettes and conceal & contour palettes! ♥

    www.beautiboe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thank you; I did have my eye on the blush palettes...may have to check them out! Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. This palette looks promising and the colours are nice too. Thank you for the great review. I might try it out since it isn't pricy at all and is pigmented.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous, I've wanted some green shades for a while and love baked shadows. For £2.50 you can't really go wrong!
    Holly / Faceldn.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig