travel, lifestyle, beauty

Monday 7 July 2014

Titisee, Black Forest, Germany

Titisee, Germany

I've never really wanted my blog to just be about beauty; it is very much about that because I do love my makeup and trying out different products, but I also like to think of it as a kind of diary that I can look back on and remember some lovely times in my life. I always start off every year willing to keep a handwritten diary but have failed to do so consistently since my school days so I am hoping this blog will help me out in that respect. This is one reason why I'm keen to write more about places I visit, experiences I, erm, experience, and generally try to appreciate the things I - and maybe we all - often take for granted.

This brings me on to a lovely weekend last May. We decided we wanted to get out and about and make the most of the lovely day, so Titisee was naturally a good option. It's just across the border from us in Germany and based in the southern Black Forest area. Not only is the lake absolutely gorgeous, but the Black Forest is where Black Forest Gateau originated from. Not my favourite cake to be honest but still a nice to try it at its source!

Titisee, Germany

Titisee, Germany

If you know Matlock in Derbyshire, it vaguely reminds me of there...and also attracts a fair few bikers as you can see!

Titisee, Germany

We hired a little pedalo boat and headed out into the centre of the lake for a cheeky pic-nic. There's something lovely about eating strawberries in the sunshine, and doing it in the middle of a gorgeous, peaceful lake surrounded by dense forest just tops it off. Excuse my oversized sock error of course...

Titisee, Germany

Titisee, Germany

Titisee, Germany


Some of the Black Forest scenery. I love the different shades of green!

Titisee, Germany

Titisee, Germany

The shore line is dotted with cafés and restaurants, making it a perfect little place for people watching and chatting over numerous cups of coffee. I could sit here all day doing...

Titisee, Germany

Titisee, Germany

Titisee is also famous for its cuckoo clocks; I must admit, I never thought I'd be one to photograph a cuckoo clock, but seeing them all in one place making their little cuc-koooo sounds isn't all that bad! They're pretty pricey but the hand-made detail that goes into them is impressive, and they seem to be very popular. I'm just not sure I could handle the noise after the novelty of having one wears off! 

Titisee, Germany

One of the things I love about living here is the way the towns and villages really care about keeping their areas clean, tidy and well presented. Floral arrangements are popular here, and I don't blame them. So pretty!

Titisee, Germany

Caaaake, but ashamedly no Black Forest Gateau in site. We've actually been in the past and already tried it, so this time we went for apple tart and cheesecake! As I'm typing this, my mouth is watering. Probably too much info, but you get the idea of how delish these were!

Titisee, Germany

Titisee, Germany


Titisee, Germany

On our way home, we stopped to take in the view and I thought having a photo on a pile of logs would be fun and somehow worth capturing. A.pile.of.logs. It reminds me of the whole 'I carried a watermelon' moment. 

Titisee, Germany

Do you like the look of Titisee? 

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

2 comments

  1. Wow looks incredible! Perfect place to relax and enjoy the day :)
    xx
    Mia

    http://ssenescence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; it's a gorgeous place...definitely recommend if you're ever visiting the country! :)

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig