travel, lifestyle, beauty

Saturday 5 July 2014

Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick: Crime

Makeup Revolution Crime Lipstick

I am absolutely loving experimenting with lipsticks at the moment. I recently posted about Mac's Flamingo (Lustre) lipstick, where I declared I would be braver in my bright lipstick purchases...so here I am with this little beaut from Makeup Revolution. I'm not going to lie, this is a brand I wasn't immediately drawn to as I expected the cheap cost to reflect the quality, but from the products I've tried so far, I really can't complain, no really!

I bravely went where many have probably gone before and chose the Crime shade from the Amazing Lipstick range. For me, this is pretty out there colour-wise but I love the purply shades I'm seeing around lately so simply thought 'why not?' for a measly £1.00!

I personally think it's an amazing dupe for Mac's Show Orchid, but over 90% cheaper - literally!



Here are various swatches of the lippy to give you an idea of it. Practically identical to Mac's version right?!

Makeup Revolution Crime swatch
And here it is on my very own smackers. It's really smooth and creamy in texture, which I absolutely love. The thing that surprised me most was how long-lasting it is. It's also super pigmented, so much so that it practically stained my lips, but nothing that a make-up removing and cleansing sesh couldn't sort.

Makeup Revolution Crime

I'm afraid I'm not one of those blessed with luscious, plump lips, but you get the idea! Lots of outtake poses included, just for all-round viewing haha.

Makeup Revolution Crime

Again, as with my comments on the packaging in my baked eyeshadow post, this isn't housed in the most sophisticated of tubes (it's a little plasticky - new word - and rattly in terms of the coloured part of the lid) but it really doesn't make a huge difference to me when I'm this satisfied with the actual product.

What do you think of this Makeup Revolution lipstick? Have you tried any of them? 

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

8 comments

  1. I love a good dupe, I need to try Make Up Revolution because it's all I've been hearing about! x

    http://creamteaandrosejam.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't quite believe how good it is myself to be honest! Definitely recommend trying out some of their products :)

      Delete
  2. Wow that's such a gorgeous shade! I LOVE Makeup Revolution so much.. the quality is amazing for the price! I loveeee your new layout, it's stunning xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Gemma...so nice to hear that from you! And yup, I thought I'd try to be a bit daring in the lippie department...glad I went for it...it's my new favourite! :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely colour! It's really suits you x

    www.beautiboe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's really growing on me. Nice to wear with a simple eye look :)

      Delete
  4. amazing shade! looks soooo great on you
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I can't believe how similar it is to the Mac one and a fraction of the price. Really happy I went for it :)

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig