travel, lifestyle, beauty

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Makeup Revolution Amazing Volume Mascara

Makeup Revolution Mascara

My name is Danielle, and I'm currently addicted to Makeup Revolution. In the last couple of weeks, I've blogged about their Amazing Lipstick in Crime (a FAB Mac lipstick dupe) and their Beyond Eden Baked Eyeshadows. Let's face it, their products are amazingly affordable, decent quality, and very varied, so it makes for lots of fun trying out different makeup without splashing too much moolah. Since I'm forever on the hunt for a great mascara, I just could not resist splashing out a whole £2 on this little beauty...

Makeup Revolution Mascara


The Amazing Volume mascara is packaged relatively nicely in a classic black tube with a transparent 'outer' layer, which adds a nice touch aesthetically. The wand itself is nice and big, and it actually reminds me of the Diorshow wand, so I was looking forward to trying it as soon as I clapped eyes on it.

As with my last mascara review on L'Oreal's Miss Manga, I'll get right to the point and show you exactly what this bad boy does for my eyes. After all, it's the top way you can judge it for yourselves right?

So, here's a before and after pic so you can see the full effect. Note, as per my usual routine, I did curl my eyelashes before applying (i.e., after the first picture).


Makeup Revolution Mascara

As much as the wand looks très Dior, it doesn't compare quality wise unsurprisingly; it's certainly not a bad mascara at all and I'm genuinely really happy with the finished look, but I felt it lacked in the ability to thicken my lashes and make them feel 'made up'. The wand felt as though it didn't actually have much product on it at all, so I found myself applying a few layers to build it up. 

I will say it wasn't clumpy at all and separated my lashes nicely when applying - a huge bonus and a hard thing to come by for me! It's serving as a great daytime mascara at the moment. I like to rock a different look when I'm going out, out so I think a lighter mascara in the day 100% helps with this.

Have you tried this mascara or any other Makeup Revolution products? I'd love to hear what you think!

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

4 comments

  1. I read the other day that it's the wand that counts and not the mascara. Sp apparently keep the expensive wands and use them with cheap mascara! Of course they have to fit in the cheap mascara tube too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i heard this too actually...can't remember where! I might have to try it out :)

      Delete
  2. Wow it looks amazing!!! I've never heard of that brand before but I will def check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah it's a relatively new brand here in the UK but it's well worth trying as it's so cheap but the quality isn't necessarily compromised! :)

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig