travel, lifestyle, beauty

Tuesday 10 June 2014

The Body Shop skincare selection



One of my first stops when I was in the USA was The Body Shop as I had accidentally-on-purpose forgotten to take enough moisturiser to last me more than the first few days. So when I saw a fab 'buy 3 products, get 3 free' offer, well, you know the rest! I know, I know, I can hear the faint shrieks of shock as to why The Body Shop was my first stop-off, over the Rolls-Royce of beauty shops: Sephora. But (big but), I live in Switzerland where everything is outrageously expensive, and The Body Shop was just there luring me in with its bargains and nice displays. So there. Simples really! That and the fact they don't test on animals makes it a winner all round!

I decided on a mix of skincare products, as well as a couple of beauty ones thrown in, so this initial post is dedicated to the skincare goodies to let you in on my thoughts after a few weeks of use!

I've tested this a few times now, and while my skin feels a little tight after using it (nothing a spot of moisturiser can't fix), it did leave my skin feeling super clean, soft and spoiled. It's a twice-weekly number, which makes it feel a little more special. Anyone else feel this way when there's a usage restriction involved? Just me? Anyway, I have to admit I'm a sucker for face masks; there's something about them that makes you feel pampered the moment you apply them. While this admission may have partially clouded my judgement, this clay mask claims to purify, cleanse and control excess oil, and it certainly does feel like it's doing something right. Regardless, sometimes looking great is a state of mind right? So I'm more than willing to keep using it twice a week, if only for that 'pampered to perfection' feeling!







My favourite thing about this SPF 15 moisturiser is the texture; it's light, airy and almost mousse-like. However, I think that's as far as it goes for me really. It's nice enough but personally not outstanding. I'm forever on the search for the perfect moisturiser, and maybe my expectations are too high, but this is just another standard moisturiser for me, though I will point out it's non-greasy - a big plus for me. It does the job, bish, bash bosh, but that's it really. Meh.




This is meant to 'replenish and recharge moisture', and I was slightly nervous of slathering it onto my occasionally oil-prone face but I really needn't have worried. My skin is quite dry at the moment anyway so I think it's perfect for those months where your skin is quenching for moisture. Put it this way, I have been using it every night for the past few weeks since I bought it, and have appreciated its effect on my skin. It features a pipette applicator, making it relatively easy to control with minimal spillage. When you apply it, it miraculously doesn't actually leave your fingers or face feeling too greasy at all; it's almost like a dry oil - baffling. What sort of magic sorcery is this I hear you say? Well, I have no idea, but I'm happy to go with the flow!


To be frank, I haven't used this long enough to notice any real difference. My fine lines are still fine and evident, but I don't expect miracles really. I think eye creams are one of those things where you have to put a bit of trust into it, especially at a younger age where the effects may be less evident anyway!



Have you tried any of these products? I'd love to hear what you think. 
Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Go for it! It's a lovely treat after a hard day's work :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment! It's always lovely to get feedback. I just checked your blog out...and am in awe with your new Louboutins! Shoe envy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to try the Vitamin E set from the body shop
    I'm currently using tea tree also from the body shop
    I just started blogging kindly visit my page
    Hans teehunnah.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely recommend it...it's really nice, and I'm especially loving the overnight serum. I haven't tried the tea tree range yet but will be sure to check it out next time I'm there! Thanks :) Danielle x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig