travel, lifestyle, beauty

Monday 23 June 2014

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Powder

You might have read about my recent skincare buys from The Body Shop, which I bought while I was in America on holiday. We did some serious miles in our clichéd Mustang convertible (what else?), and I'll definitely be blogging about our experiences soon enough, but first I wanted to spend some time talking about what I bought there, because who doesn't like to see the results of a shopping haul or ten?!

So as part of the 'buy 3, get 3 free' offer, I bought this adorable-looking Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Light Matte. I love the look of this bronzer: simplistic, sleek and leaves you wanting to try it out! The compact features a mirror, which is of course a big plus. Nothing worse than being out and about without a mirror and having to do a bit of patchy guesswork with your bronzing brush. Dangerous territory.

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder

My favourite thing about this bronzer is the beehive embossed pattern - a nice tie to the honey name. It's not only sleek and high-quality looking, but it made for good grip with my powder brush, although I'm sure it doesn't really make a difference!

It's described as giving an 'even-matte' finish, and it certainly is plain old matte. I was purposefully looking for this though as opposed to a shimmer, as I prefer to highlight lightly with a separate product these days. Sometimes shimmer just doesn't sit right with me! I did find this shade to be very light though and I found I had to go back for more to build a bit of colour, but I guess the 'light matte' shade is a bit of a clue. To be honest, I think it's better to build up with bronzer anyway; no-one likes to be tangoed.

Source (adapted)

Here's a swatch of the bronzer on my arm and a trout pout pic of it on my face. Like I said, it's clearly not too heavy...I'm also wearing the Baked-to-Last Blush here, which I'll be reviewing shortly!

Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder swatch

Have you tried this bronzer? How did you find it? I'd love to hear your comments!

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

10 comments

  1. I've always wanted to try this bronzer! I'm like you, I much prefer matte bronzer, so I can lightly highlight with a different product. Now I've seen the swatch and the effect it has on your face, I may have to purchase it :) great post! x

    Olivia's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I definitely recommend it. It's subtle, but am liking it the more I use it! Danielle x

      Delete
  2. Looks really nice and natural on you! Heard lots about this bronzer - really want to try it x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you. Yeah I love the fact it's not too heavy on my face :) Definitely recommend it! Danielle x

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to try this bronzer. Looks really natural on you.
    Great post!
    Meghan
    www.todaysbeautyobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Hope the review helpe :) Danielle x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, it's lovely to get feedback! Love the name of your blog! Danielle x

      Delete
  5. Looks good! I love Body Shop so I am happy you did a review on the bronzer as I am in the market for a new bronzer :)

    -Krystin
    www.girlinbetsey.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah lovely, glad I could help. Love to hear what you think if you get it! Danielle x

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig