travel, lifestyle, beauty

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Burt's Bees honey & grapeseed oil hand cream

Burt's Bees

As much as I enjoy living on the French/Swiss border with the mountains in arm's reach and the delicious, golden croissants in abundance, the mineral content of the water is not a winner. I repeat: not a winner. It's about as soft as stone; well and truly solid hard water. This inevitably leaves my hands feeling super dry after each toilet visit, each sink visit and each shower/bath visit, so I find it pretty difficult to leave the house without a tube of hand cream, otherwise my hands flake and shrivel up on me in protest. The pain is real my friends; the pain is real.

That and the fact I'm forever secretly hoping that hand cream will magically rid me of my god-awful old-looking hands and transform them into lineless, youthful specimens worthy of some kind of insurance for their priceless beauty. Alas, I've accepted that's never gonna happen, but I'm over that. Just about.

Anyway, onto my point that I am always on the lookout for new hand creams. Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment is probably my favourite, but I enjoy trying others to see how they compare (and - let's be honest - to save some pennies), so I thought it would be nice to share my thoughts on this Burt's Bees Honey & Grapeseed Oil hand cream, since it's a bit of a lovely one. 

Burt's Bees

The cream is light on application and initially feels quite watery in texture when I rub it in. It feels ever so slightly greasy and I often feel like I want to keep my hands to myself for a bit before touching anything. In comparison to their hand salve though, which I use before bed, it's certainly not as oily, and it does leave my hands feeling soft and moisturised once absorbed.

The scent is one of my favourite things about this cream: to me, it smells a bit like marzipan and even reminds me of cherries too, which is odd considering it actually comprises jojoba, capuacu and macadamia. Clearly, my skill for recognising ingredients by scent wouldn't get me far on Masterchef.

Burt's Bees describe this cream as 'a gift from nature' and claim 'your hands will be thoroughly delighted', and I probably can't argue too much with that to be honest. For me, the formula and results don't quite compare to Elizabeth Arden's bad boy, but the scent is just gorgeous and has kept me hooked!

You can get the full-size cream slightly cheaper than the Burt's site from Feel Unique, and they do the smaller size one that I have in a little gift set, which is great if you just want to try it out! I've also spied some other Burt's hand products available on Boots that look lovely, so I'm really tempted to try more what with their 3 for 2 offer at the moment!

What are your favourite hand products? Have you tried Burt's Bees before? 

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

16 comments

  1. This hand cream sounds lovely and soothing xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I'm in love with Burt's Bees products at the mo!

      Delete
  2. I've never tried anything from Burt's Bees but I'm really tempted to give it a go when I finish my current ones, as it sounds like a lovely hand cream! Love the scent you described, if it reminds you of cherries I am looking into it x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I definitely recommend trying them out...they do some lovely starter kits on places like Feel Unique or Look Fantastic (in fact, this hand cream came in one of them!). They're perfect if you aren't sure what to get or don't want to splash out on full-size stuff. Let me know what you think if you ever try them :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds amazing - I love the smell of marzipan! The EA hand cream is a top one for me too :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds... :) I do love the EA one but the scent isn't my favourite...if only it smelt like this one! :)

      Delete
  4. This seems really nice, I love a good hand cream! I may have to try this. Kate x

    www.vanillainnovember.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Yep, it's worth a try if you're looking for a new one to try :)

      Delete
  5. I've not tried Burt's Bees hand cream but I love their cuticle cream so can imagine it would be good! I loved this post, you definitely don't have old hands though!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww thank you :) I also have their cuticle cream and love that too!

      Delete
  6. I love marzipan so know I will absolutely love the smell of this! Will have a look out for this when the current hand cream runs out :) x

    Brenda BusyBee | GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly I hate the taste of marzipan but love the smell, so this works well for me haha :)

      Delete
  7. I love a rich cream, but I really hate the oily feeling. I'd really like to smell this first. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm yeah i'm the same with oily creams...thankfully, this isn't oily at all once it's absorbed. Their hand salve is another matter though :)

      Delete
  8. I never heard of Burt's Bees before but I already like their name. This cream sounds really good. I do really need to check them out :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to have a browse! They're a fab, natural brand full of varied products. I love their starter kits, as they're a great way to try out their bits! :)

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig