travel, lifestyle, beauty

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Cathy Doll cheek tint and concealer

Cheek tint

PINK! Just look at that PINK. This has literally been sitting unopened for a long time in my drawer of goodies, partly because I forgot about it, and partly because I've just not dared to use it yet. I mean it looks SO priddy...it's the perfect colour match for my blog (bet you looked!) and is probably the girliest pink in the world (deffo why I bought it), but it is silly pink and I've just not had the time to really test it out properly.

I spied it in Bangkok airport on my way back from my Thailand holiday, and I'd never heard of Cathy Doll before and haven't actually heard of the brand since, but I've read about the Korean beauty box Memebox on Gemma's blog over the past few months, so I'm aware Asian makeup brands are really quite popular - it's just a shame they aren't really easily available in European countries...unless I'm mistaken?

Cheek tint

Anyway, this SPF15 cheek tint and concealer is smooth in texture and easy to apply with the slim applicators on either end. It comes in varying colours if you check out the site, but for some reason the concealer seems to be the same super light shade, and it's only the cheek tint that varies in colour from what I can tell, so this probably isn't everyone's cup of Tetley 

Cheek tint

Here's a swatch of it on my arm, and as you can see the pink isn't as luminous as the applicator might suggest, thank gawd. I imagine the baby pink tiny looking lovely on paler skin tones, so I'm looking forward to having more of a play about with this.

Cheek tint

I've tried to capture a snap of this applied but I'm not really sure the photo does it too much justice as it looks more rosy here than it actually is...damn winter light. Either way, it's definitely a very pigmented tint and you can really build it up if you prefer. It'd also look lovely on the lips for a really cutesy look.

The concealer is a dream to apply, smooth, creamy and easily blendable; it very much reminds me of Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer formulation-wise. 

Cheek tint

Have you heard of Cathy Doll before? What do you think of this?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

20 comments

  1. Ooh, I'd never heard of this brand before. It is very, very pretty so I can see why you went for it, and it looks lovely on you!
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...I was pleasantly surprised with how it blended, and slightly relieved to see it wasn't as bright as the applicator :)

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this brand before but I love how gorgeous and natural it looks on you. The shades really suit you x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I debated blogging about a difficult-to-source brand but I figured why not after all! It's too pretty not to lol.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this brand at all haha, the packaging is so pretty though and like you say it fits your blog perfectly haha x

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor had I until I spotted it...definitely one to look out for if you're ever visiting Thailand though... kinda wanna go back haha! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm from Malaysia (recently migrated to Canada) and I must say I have never heard of this brand before. It looks really lovely on you though, that is seriously a great find!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) Oh really? Maybe it's a smaller brand than I thought then?!

      Delete
  5. You look SO pretty.. I love the shade of the cheek tint, what a lovely colour, and thank you very much for the mention xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Gemma...I always feel a tad awkward with the selfies but like to show it in action sometimes if I can! And no probs at all with the mention :)

      Delete
  6. You look gorgeous. These products are so cute!

    Paige x
    Skin & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not heard of the brand but it looks pretty good! Although it looks scary 'in the tin', it looks gorgeous on you! Oh, and you're so pretty! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 
    also on BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for the lovely compliment! And yeah it's not one I'd heard of, but I do wish it was available in Europe as I'd love to try some other bits out!

      Delete
  8. Never heard of this product / brand before but I like the idea to have both concealer and blush in 1 tube. I also love how natural it looks on you. xx

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...yes the shade really does look more natural on than it doesn in the tube :)

      Delete
  9. It looks really natural and seems to blend perfectly indeed. I've never heard of the brand but I haven't really been into Asian beauty products yet! I need to plan a trip to Thailand for the sake of investigating Asian beauty brands, right?!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, yes for sure. I'm wanting to plan my return trip if only to repurchase and try more products lol.

      Delete
  10. What a cute and practical idea to have both the cheek tint and concealer in one stick! It looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot...yes I'm loving using it at the moment. It's really handy to carry around with me on the go too!

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig