travel, lifestyle, beauty

Friday 26 September 2014

New Look haul




I was back in the UK last weekend, and since there are no Topshops, New Looks, River Islands, etc. here in Switzerland or France, it's always a given that I sneak in a cheeky little shopping trip while I'm back. I've discovered it's seriously dangerous living away from the typical UK high-street shops, as I always feel an urge to spend, spend, spend whenever I'm back to make up for the time away. However, a partially strict spending ban is now imposed for a wee while, while I recover from the latest splurge.

Since I bought a few things from New Look, I figured I'd better dedicate a whole post to it, so here goes...

I didn't realize it but it looks like checked stuff is coming back in for autumn/winter...or maybe it never went out? The shops seem to be full of it, and I picked up these two little bad boys as soon as I laid my eyes on them.



This dark blue check shirt is sheer and more formal in style with its chiffon material, so I'll be wearing this for work; I'm looking forward to pairing it with a black cami and some black trousers or a black pencil skirt if I can find one to snap up! I think it will look nice either buttoned up or open.



This white checked half-sleeved shirt is much more informal and definitely one to wear open or casually wrapped around the waist. The material is thicker and more 'woolen' to touch compared to the one above, and I love the splash of coral; it sets off the navy blue and cream perfectly.



I'm not quite done with the checked stuff yet it seems. I love this cute black and white mini skirt; it features a little faux wrap-around effect, which adds a bit of a unique touch to an otherwise simple skirt. I think it'll be lovely for autumn/winter with some tights and ankle boots. It's a soft-to-touch woolen material and pretty smart, so I'm looking forward to wearing it for work. I like the thought of smartening up for work...I've all too often got into habits of wearing the same old stuff and trying to 'save' my 'nicer' clothes for the weekend, but I figure I spend most of the week's hours at work so why not make a bit of an effort if I fancy it? :)





I have to admit I only picked up this cami after seeing it situated by the skirt; visual merchandising at its very best! Some (like New Look themselves) would call this yellow...I call it mustard, and I think it goes perfectly with the skirt. I'll probably pair it with a simple black cardigan or jacket so as not to clash too much with the skirt, but I think it will brighten up my winter wardrobe a treat!



What do you think of my buys? How would you wear each piece? I'm always looking for new ideas to wear things, so I'd love to hear from you!

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

18 comments

  1. The blue checked shirt is gorgeous! I do love New Look xx

    Ioanna | www.hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too...rarely get a chance to shop there, so make the most of it when I'm UK bound :)

      Delete
  2. I love the pieces you picked up so perfect for autumn. The blue checked shirt and the mustard vest are my faves! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I'm really looking forward to wearing each one :)

      Delete
  3. The camisole is the perfect colour for Autumn! It just reminds me of leaves ;) I like the blue checked shirt too :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...these seem to be a fave going by the comments I've received so far! :)

      Delete
  4. New Look have some amazing pieces atm, the skirt is my fav!! The splurge is totally okay too, i felt the same when i lived in Finland! xxx
    www.sleek-chic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to wear the skirt...I'm trying to be a bit braver with workwear rather than my usual black trouser and shirt combo, so I'm looking forward to wearing this! :)

      Delete
  5. Cute blog, I'm new follower :)

    www.blogvivalavida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...it's lovely to hear from new followers :)

      Delete
  6. The colours are just perfect for Autumn. I really like the shirts you picked up and the skirt looks really cute too!

    Olivia x Beauty from the Fjord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot...I like that there's some brights out there in the shops to help brighten up autumn/winter!

      Delete
  7. loving the blue check shirt. on the hunt for them but I cant find any!
    to bad I cant order online yet.
    http://www.jaseyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) New Look ship to over 100 countries so it's worth checking their site in case they ship to you!

      Delete
  8. I love check stuff, so I'm rather pleased it seems to be making a comeback. I love the colour of the blue shirt but the white one is definitely more my style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for stopping by! I'm happy to see it's back in the shops again too...been enjoying wearing these two shirts lots already :)

      Delete
  9. So much checked goodness! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig