travel, lifestyle, beauty

Friday 5 September 2014

Arlesheim, Switzerland


Last weekend, my sister, mum and I decided to make the most of the remnants of Swiss summer and head out for a wander around Arlesheim, not far from Basel where we're all based. My sister owns the cutest little dogs - Brutus (a Yorkie Terrier) and Alan (a Chihuahua) - so we took them along to feel the wind in their faces and, errr, stony path at their feet.



We headed to the Hermitage site, which includes castle ruins as well as old cave dwellings, and the site is actually listed as a Swiss heritage site of national significance, so it was lovely to explore and wander around. I've since read that paleolithic stone tools and snail shell pendants from around 10,000 BC were discovered in the caves here, so that was pretty interesting to imagine people sheltering and living there. Eat your heart out Ross from Friends...tee-hee.



Since my sister and mum already lived in France/Switzerland for a few years before I came here myself, I love spending quality time with them now that we're all together again. I've no idea how long I'll be staying out here, so I really want to make the most of living close to them while I can.

We had such a giggle wandering around, from spotting an old couple taking selfies with a little teddybear, to rolling our eyes at mum for dropping the whole of her bratwurst on the cobbled street (straight after buying it), to us nicknaming an unsightly little pond 'the Bog of Eternal Stench' à la Labyrinth (absolute classic film btw), and to my paranoia that my sister was getting too close to the pretty littlebig cows cows we stumbled across along the way. I love remembering moments like this!

It was such a pretty place and so peaceful for a Saturday.






I also wanted to include a little OOTD as part of this post as it's always nice to have a nose at outfits right? I'm wearing my trusty tan Primark sandals and a lovely dress I bought while I was in America from Aeropostale (who ship internationally by the way...eeee).



How do you spend quality time with your family? What do you think of Arlesheim? I'd love to hear your comments!

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

2 comments

  1. Wow, what a beautiful place to visit, would love to go there. I'm also loving your look in the pictures, you look amazing! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) Glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig