travel, lifestyle, beauty

Monday 15 September 2014

OOTD: Playsuit fun at 800º Premium Steakhouse, Basel


OOTD

It was my mum's birthday last week so what better way to celebrate than be wined and dined in a lovely Basel restaurant, 800º Premium Steakhouse?

Before we left, my mum took a few photos of me in this Topshop playsuit (I can only find this ivory one online now), which I nabbed for £20 in the sale recently. I paired it with a skinny black waist belt and my trusty Primark wedges. My sister and boyfriend were also there so you'll notice I'm laughing nervously as they were taking the mick while I posed. I do always feel a bit uncomfortable taking these kinds of pictures but, at the same time, I love seeing what other people wear when they go out so hopefully some people might like seeing the same on my little blog - regardless of how un-model-like I look. Perfection can be boring sometimes right? 

OOTD

OOTD

OOTD

OOTD

The restaurant itself was lovely; positioned in Messeplatz, the economic hub of Klein Basel, it's quite small and a new find for us, so we were excited to try it. The service wasn't too 'in your face'; while they were attentive, we weren't constantly checked up on or hurried along, so it was nice and meant we could take our time and enjoy each course in our own time.

For starters, I had the tuna, which was thinly sliced and lightly seared. It was absolutely beautiful and served with a cute little pipette of soy sauce, some wasabi dotted around the place and - presumably as a palate cleanser - a little pot of ice cream, though it was lightly flavoured with a hint of wasabi, which was interesting.  

My boyfriend had prawns wrapped in bacon, something I've never really thought to mix together before, but - again - beautiful and topped off nicely with a marie rose sauce.

starters

Onto the mains, and my boyfriend had the giant T-bone steak (below left), while I opted for the Wagyu steak, which comes from a Japanese breed of cattle, known to be the most expensive and exclusive domestic cattle in the world. In fact, it was formerly nicknamed the Mayor's meat since it was often reserved for such dignitaries, so errr just call me Mayor Danielle from now on (thanks). The fat is distributed evenly through the meat, giving it a marbled effect and ensuring its quality. I'm a big steak fan so I thought it would be nice to try this, and it was definitely worth it; so rich tasting and different from the usual sirloins or fillets I go for.

We shared truffle oil hand-cut fries and broccoli with pine nuts, both of which were delicious. It always amazes me how the smallest of touches (i.e., the pine nuts and truffle oil) can really top off the taste of something.

steal

Of course, dessert was in order, so we shared this flaming crème brûlée, which was ever so slightly too alcohol-tasting for my liking and not quite as 'crispy' on top as I usually love, but still enjoyable nonetheless.

Crème brûlée

What do you think of this OOTD? How do you accessorise playsuits? Do you like the look of the 800º steakhouse? I'd love to hear from you!

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

16 comments

  1. Oh wow, the food looks heavenly especially the creme brulee! You look lovely too x

    Cream Tea And Rose Jam

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour of your playsuit is so lovely!! The food looks divine as well!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much; I love coral, and I loved the contrast with the black lace so it had to be mine :) And yes...the food really was so lovely!

      Delete
  3. That playsuit is gorgeous! Your hair looks great too :) x

    The Beauty Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; I used my straighteners to curl it...usually struggle to keep their hold when my hair's this long, but managed to just about make it for the photos :)

      Delete
  4. You're looking amazing in that playsuit, it's so lovely :) The food looks really good as well! Happy birthday to your mom :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! My mum will be impressed a reader wished her happy birthday too, so thank you :)

      Delete
  5. You look pretty in that playsuit :)
    I think you could wear bangles or simple necklaces
    to add some twist for the whole look

    xx
    Amira
    www.amirahayupratiwi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your suggestions...will have a play about next time I wear it!

      Delete
  6. You look totally amazing,what a beautiful outfit and the food looks delish too!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot; I really appreciate your comment! And yes, the food was gorgeous :)

      Delete
  7. Love the playsuit, suits you so well! The colour and the lace detail on it is just gorgeous! Looks like you had an amazing meal and a great night :) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aline; yep it was a lovely night and I felt really nice in the playsuit...totally agree with you about the lace...my fave part of the outfit! :)

      Delete
  8. Playsuits are my favourite! You look super lovely in this one! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just wish it wasn't the end of summer already...I feel like I need more wear out of it...hopefully it'll go with tights! :)

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig