travel, lifestyle, beauty

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Mac Mineralize Skin Finish: Centre of Attention

Mac Mineralize Skin Finish

I bagged this gorgeous Mac compact in America back in May for just $23, and I've been excited to try it and review it ever since. I just love the colours and thought it would look gorgeous lightly dusted over my makeup.

Here are swatches of the powder, first the gold bronze, then pink sheen and finally both mixed together, which I think looks gorgeous. While this looked absolutely great on my wrist, I didn't find that it transferred well to my face at all for some reason. Maybe I haven't give it enough of a chance or am being too shy with it, but I just don't see much difference bar a very subtle shimmer when I wear it. 

Mac Mineralize Skin Finish

Mac Mineralize Skin Finish

I couldn't even take a decent enough picture of it applied on my face - not overly impressive. I'm going to persevere with this for a while and be a bit more heavy handed when applying it in future in the hope I'll be happy with the result, but as it stands - and it pains me to say it since it's so priddy - I wouldn't recommend this.

Have you tried this compact? What did you think? Do you recommend any other Mac Mineralize compacts?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

12 comments

  1. Wow this is so beautiful I love the two separate shades and how well it looks mixed together! It's a shame it's showing up so subtly on your face though! Maybe you could try tap it on with a makeup sponge & see if that makes a difference x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look stunning doesn't it...I need to persevere! Thanks for the tip...will definitely give that a go :)

      Delete
  2. This looks so pretty in pan, I hope you manage to find a way to make it work for you!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely...me too! I will grow to love it, I WILL, I WILL haha!

      Delete
  3. Woooow, what a wonderful gold shimmer! I'm in love <3

    www.blogvivalavida.com

    Wanna keep on following and supporting each other? :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it really is a lovely shade...I'm just disappointed with it on application unfortunately! Not giving up though :)

      Delete
  4. It does look beautiful and I've always wanted to try a mineralise skin finish but have read other reviews which agree with you that it's not worth the money so I'm very wary about trying it out!

    Love your blog xx

    alicewojcik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm yeah, I wouldn't want to put you off too much as everyone is different, but I would definitely recommend testing it first at the counter before you splash out on it! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh..this is so gorg. M gonna get my hands on this asap.thanks lovely. :) 💖💗

    Love from
    tanuellaa.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; nice to see my opinions of it don't put you off too much :)

      Delete
  6. It looks a bit odd to me in the pan! Shame it's not the best but there are lots of good highlighters out there! Enjoying my benefit ones at the moment x

    http://www.jasmincharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Yeah it's definitely a shame for a Mac product! Benefit are always great...I've got some W7 dupes I'm looking forward to trying out next though :)

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig