travel, lifestyle, beauty

Friday 3 October 2014

Sleek Makeup Eyebrow Stylist


Sleek Makeup

I'll be honest; I've never really paid that much attention to my eyebrows. I've always plucked them to keep strays at bay, and I'm well aware of the length they should be, thanks to the whole 'line a pen up diagonally from the outer corner of your nose' trick, but until now I've never really bothered too much about styling them on a daily basis and filling them in colourwise. Nowadays, with the likes of Cara D's lucious brows on the scene, I realise how much of a difference styling them can make. They not only frame your eyes but they also balance your features and of course help to strengthen your facial expressions!

I already have Benefit's Brow Zings but I fail to use it on a daily basis - regardless of my 'I-will-look-amazing-today' intentions; I find the two-step, separate brush effort pretty hard work at fart o'clock in the morning...just me? So, I was purposefully looking for something that was fuss-free and easy to apply in a rush. Enter the Eyebrow Stylist from Sleek Makeup. While there's no compact mirror or tweezers included, at £5.99 this is a quarter of the price of Benefit's set - WIN.

Sleek Makeup

In a nutshell, this is a twist applicator that contains an angled pencil on one end and a bristly grooming brush for styling on the other end. I clearly have no idea what this 'bristly' brush is called in the make-up world, but I digress (if you know, enlighten me!). The unique chiselled shape of the pencil is designed for both outlining using the thin angular side and filling in with ease using the flat side.

I find the matte formula glides on easily, and the 'light' shade is natural and matches nicely with my eyebrows. The styling brush is great for blending and combing through afterwards to set my brows. As you can see from the before and after picture below, my eyebrows do benefit from a little styling! And, yup, I'm aware I still gots some work to do on the old styling and shaping technique, but it's a start eh!

Sleek Makeup

Here's a shameless selfie so you can get an overall idea of how it looks. I'm not big on taking posey photos of myself too much (honest!), but when I'm reading blog reviews I really like to see what products look like applied, so I try to remember this whenever I'm blogging about a product myself.

Sleek Makeup

What do you use to style your eyebrows? Have you tried this eyebrow stylist?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

14 comments

  1. The bristley brush is called a spoolie :). Lovely post, I was already lusting after this so I'm going to pick it up next chance I get now!
    Rebecca, from The Two Twenty Somethings
    (www.thetwotwentysomethings.blogspot.co.uk)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh THANK YOU! A spoolie...amazing word lol. Glad to hear my review helped sway you...I'd love to hear your thoughts on it :)

      Delete
  2. I love the shape of this brow pencil and it really adds a nice definition to your brows. I had no idea this even excited but i'll be checking it out on my next visit to Boots x

    Beauty with charm | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alina...lovely of you to say! Definitely check it out; it's great if you want something quick and easy :)

      Delete
  3. I have to check it out, such a handy tool! Love the way your brows look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, do check it out...it's worth a look!

      Delete
  4. Your brows look great! I just use a MAC eyebrow pencil but might have to purchase this handy brush now!

    Anna x

    http://madeupstyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment! I haven't tried the MAC pencils yet...let me know if you have a review I can check out! :)

      Delete
  5. This product looks awesome! Your eyebrows are fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you like the look of it; I definitely recommend it. It's really smooth to apply and long-lasting :)

      Delete
  6. I uset the sleek gel and powder set which I swear by, but it does take a while in the mornings to get the desired look as I am such a perfectionst. I have been wanting to try something like this for a while now - something to use quickly when I have no time to put on a whole face of makeup. I totally trust Sleek so this is first on my list when I next step into Superdrug or Boots. Such a bargain too!

    Btw your eyebrows are to die for, absolutley gorgeous :) You should deffo feel confident to take more selfies ! :)
    Jamie xox Jamie Reaping Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No-one's ever told me my eyebrows are to die for, but i'll take it ;) Thank you so much! Love to hear what you think if you do get of the stylists for yourself :)

      Delete
  7. Checking out your review (thanks for the link)! It looks like a good eyebrow product indeed. The colour is a nice match for you and it gives a nice definition to your brows. Will check it!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for the lovely comment. Hope you found the review helpful :)

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig