travel, lifestyle, beauty

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Zara haul: casual chic

Following on from my New Look haul, here's the Zara version, where I managed to pick up only three pieces, but three pieces I adore and have already been practically 'living' in...

Zara
Ok I lied a little bit when it comes to this bad boy; as much as I LOVE this faux leather skirt, I haven't yet been 'living' in it, purely because I've not been brave enough to slip into it on a cold morning. I will get round to to it soon, as I think it's a gorgeous autumn/winter piece that could work with tights as well as without...and I love the aubergine colour. I'm also not sure what sort of shoes to wear with it - maybe my ankle boots or simple pointed flats...all suggestions welcome!

Zara skirt

Zara leather skirt

Zara leather skirt

Here's a pic of me pairing it with the jumper I also picked up (more on that shortly). I love the contrast of the fitted skirt with the casual baggy jumper.


Here's some close-ups of the grey jumper from above. I'm having a bit of a love affair with what I like to call casual chic...you know, the kind of stuff you'd usually only think to throw on when you're feeling meh! But I'm loving the oversized jumper look, especially paired with something more fitted on the bottom half.

I also love little touches to simple pieces, and the faux leather trim to this neckline just makes it for me. This is the kind of thing I think sets apart brands like this from budget brands like Primark. I have absolutely nothing against Primark (in fact, there'll be a haul from there soon too!), but when I'm buying from somewhere more expensive like Zara, I do like to look for more unique pieces (leather trim does the job for me!) that I'm unlikely to pick up elsewhere.

Zara jumper

Zara jumper

Lastly, these mixed jacquard trousers are another example of the more unique pieces I prefer to pick up from Zara. I feel like I can pick up basics (vest tops, standard trousers, plain tees) from places like H&M or Primark, but smart trousers like this, with the gorgeous croc detailing on the front half, are a bit different and stand out for me. I've already worn these to work a few times, and they're a lovely comfortable fit. They actually look lovely with the jumper above, again a nice contrast between the fitted bottom half and laidback top half.

Zara trousers

Zara trousers

Zara trousers

What do you think of these three bits? Have you got your eye on anything Zara lately?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

12 comments

  1. I adore ALL 3 pieces! That skirt is amazing! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope I do it justice when I wear it lol :)

      Delete
  2. The skirt is gorgeous!

    http://www.skinandroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. The skirt is probably my fave of the three as it's not something I'd usually go for! :)

      Delete
  3. You picked up some amazing bits! They make me really want to go into Zara to hunt for that grey jumper, as it looks so cosy x

    www.beautywithcharm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It IS really cosy...I love it!!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous picks! You look wonderful in the skirt & jumper. Would love to see what shoes you choose for that outfit.

    www.mynextoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanya...I bought some Primark pointed grey suede-like flats, which go quite nicely. Otherwise I have some studded ankle boots that I hope will pair up well! If you have any suggestions though, let me know as I'm always open to ideas :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ah no really? There's always online shopping...what would we do without the internet? :)

      Delete
  6. Love these picks! Especially the knit jumper, I think the black at the top adds a nice edge to it :) x

    My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) Yeah, the leather trim really tops it off and adds a fab touch! It's so cosy to wear too!

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig