travel, lifestyle, beauty

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Pixi Icy Lip Luster Set

With a birthday and a delivery from Santa in the same month, December is a good one for me. This set was one I was more than happy to receive, so I though it would be nice to share an honest review of them. 





The set includes two tinted glosses and two shimmery glosses, featuring Vitamin E for added moisture. As far as I can tell, the glosses aren't available individually, which adds some exclusivity, but not so good if you're keen on one over the others.

The glosses glide on very smoothly and last a good hour or two before you feel a need to reapply, but I don't think they offer a super high-shine finish; this isn't necessarily a disadvantage for me personally though. One of the big plusses is that they aren't sticky in that icky kinda way; they don't make you feel like you've got toffee apple remains stuck to your lips (it happens girls!)...not cool. Anyway, I'd say my favourite is this first one below, which surprised me as I thought it might look a bit garish on! 

Forgive me for the pictures of them on my lips by the way; I realised after I should have lathered another layer on to get a better impression...but hey ho, you get the idea I hope.






This (below) is the first of the two shimmery glosses. To be frank, I was wary at first,  as I tend to opt for more matte, natural glosses (now I'm all 27 years young and that!), and the term 'shimmer' takes me back to my 14-year-old self. However, don't be put off; while they are slightly shimmery, they're under-stated and not as OTT as you might think. 









Here comes the second one (below), which is pretty, but I don't think it is overly distinguishable from its counterpart shimmery gloss (above) once applied, so I'd say this set may have benefitted from more varied colours.






The fourth gloss (below) is my second favourite as it's a creamy rosy colour and the sort of gloss I'd wear on a 'natural' day.







Overall, I think the set is good for daily wear; the two shimmer glosses didn't particularly do much for me, but I think they make a super cute gift and a 'nice-to-have' addition to my make-up bag. 


Feel Unique indicate it's a limited edition holiday set (though the Pixi site doesn't!); either way, if you like this, save some pennies and grab it on sale from ASOS.

What do you think of these glosses? Have you used Pixi products before? Are there any other good Pixi products you'd recommend?

Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig