travel, lifestyle, beauty

Saturday 8 February 2014

Zara jack(et)pot!

I recently had the pleasure of a long weekend in the UK, and I just had to take advantage of the January sales. The closest decent shopping location to me is in Basel across the border in Switzerland, and you'd pretty much win the lottery before you found a piece of string under £10, so - you understand - I HAD to go shopping while I was in the UK.
Zara was one of my first points of call, and I'm sure they'd be pleased to hear I spent a small fortune on my spree, but - and this is a big but - I exploited them for all I could...I used and abused their rails...I acquired some absolute beauties...and I spent at least half as much as they'd have originally liked...so THERE. Justified. By the by, that album was a goodie wasn't it?!
Aaanyway, my top two Zara buys were a couple of gorgeous jackets, which I think will be perfect for the end of winter slash spring. It's priddy cold where I am, and I've managed to get a wear or two out of this first jacket already - and it felt goooood, real goooood!






I really love the colours, and they work well with others. Usually, shape-wise, I don't feel that comfy in this kind of thing and I steer toward fitted stuff to accentuate my waist, but I don't feel too tentish in it! For £29.99, reduced from £79.99, you really can't complain. It's still on the Zara site here if you're keen.
I squeaked a little bit when I saw this jacket too; again, the square-type jacket isn't usually my style but I was in a 'I want to try the sophisticated, shapeless look' kind of mood so thought why not? Plus, and possibly most excitingly, it has *popper* buttons on it (yup, that's right, I did once own a pair of Adidas poppers!). It's cute, will go with a lot, and will also work well as a blazer in the office on a chilly day.








Like this post? Come on over and follow! BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook are just a few of the ways you can keep up to date!
Share:

12 comments

  1. I really love that first Zara jacket! might have to get it now haha!
    love your style!

    Roisin x
    roisinreports.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, and thanks for taking the time to comment! I don't blame you if you get it...I love, love, love wearing it!! Danielle x

      Delete
  2. 1 is really nice :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree...I'm in love with it too! Thanks for your comment..I just checked out your blog and love your style. Following you via Google and bloglovin' now! Danielle x

      Delete
  3. I love the pattern of that zara jacket!
    + i love how you paired it with a neon green shirt underneath!
    you have a cute style <3

    xo
    LipstickVillain,com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie! I got the tee (FCUK) on the same shopping trip! Danielle x

      Delete
  4. Love the jacket love x

    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my! I love the jackets, I don't have many but this post is making me want to go buy buy buy!

    Anna xx

    http://beautyypie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Anna...go for it, they're sale jackets after all ;) I just checked out your blog and it's lovely (great blogname!)...following you now via bloglovin' so am looking forward to reading more of your posts! Danielle x

      Delete
  6. I love your jacket.. it's so cute! I love Zara.. they have such lovely designs xx
    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Yup...I'm really into Zara's stuff at the moment! So classy. Your blog is great btw; you have a new bloglovin' follower and Google follower in me :) Danielle x

      Delete

Like it, love it, loathe it...your comments are very welcome and much appreciated!

Blog Design Created by pipdig